A famous quote by Mario Tomasello says, “No one ever fell in love without being a little bit brave.” There’s always that section in the “falling in love” portion of a relationship where you do a quick gut check. Maybe this guy seems too good to be true. Maybe you’ve had so much heartbreak in the past that you’re hesitant to fully let yourself fall again. No one could blame you for wanting some certainty before you invest your time and energy into another person. The truth is, people can be fickle, dishonest, and confusing. Unfortunately, love is a maddeningly mysterious emotion and state of being. There’s always going to be a certain amount of blind faith and guesswork required. At the same time, it’s only wise to observe your relationship to the best of your ability. Stay aware of the dynamics in your relationship. Consider the opinions of your loved ones and those who want what’s best for you. Look for signs that he cares about you and sees a future with you. We’ve compiled a list containing 9 of those signs below.
How To Know He Really Does Care About You
1. He Remembers Important Dates – This goes beyond just birthdays and anniversaries, which he should obviously know – and if he doesn’t, you have other problems. A man who really does care about you will make an effort to remember birthdays of your friends and family as well. He knows the day you’re finally graduating from night school, the anniversary of the day you first met, and the date that your beloved grandmother passed away.
2. He Gives You Proper Space – Do you really want an overly clingy guy anyway? If he respects and cares about you then he knows you need time for yourself. There is a huge difference between never wanting to see you and being observant enough to know you need your own time and space to deal with your life. If he cares about your need, then he will be more than willing to allow you that space.
3. He Won’t Wait For You To Text Him – He will text you first and throughout the day, and it might be something completely random, such as a fact he just learned or a simple “how are you doing?” This shows he really does care about you because he wants to spend time talking to you even though you’re both apart from each other. If he continues doing this after you’ve been dating for a while then you know he has long-term potential. However, always watch out for when a man texts a lot in the beginning of a relationship and then loses that same energy once the two of you are committed.
4. He Gets You Thoughtful Gifts – This doesn’t mean expensive. In fact, it might be a present that doesn’t cost a thing. Maybe he saved ticket stubs from all your great date nights and made them into a collage. Maybe he remember that you said you needed something specific months ago and then never got around to buying it. Maybe he knows you aren’t good at treating yourself, so he does it for you. Remember, a thoughtful gift doesn’t mean a luxurious gift, it means a gift that comes from the heart or is something he knows you’ve been needing or wanting.
5. He Pays Attention To Your Friends – A good man will get along with both your girl and guy friends. Never trust a man who doesn’t like your friends, and vice versa. Those are your people. They know you. The man who you deserve to be with not only gets along with your tribe, but makes friends with them as well. You never have to worry about leaving him alone in the room. He’ll be just fine.
6. He Can’t Stay Mad At You – Every relationship has its problems, but if a guy truly cares about you he will hate fighting with you and will generally get over any kind of problems you have quickly. All he wants to do is have a great time with you, so flaws in your relationship are workable. At the end of the day, he wants the relationship to work because he cares and wants to work through problems rather than let them fester.
7. He Notices When Something Is Off – You don’t have to tell him when you’re having a bad day or simply not feeling like yourself. He’s so attuned to your moods and state of being that he already knows. He won’t get frustrated with your or confused by your behavior. He understands, and if you need some space he’ll give it to you. At the same time, if you need comforting he can provide that as well.
8. He Creates A Natural Habit Of Physical Contact – It isn’t weird, clingy or forced. He’s just always touching you somehow. He holds your hand on leisurely walks, assists you up the stairs with a gentle touch at the elbow, and brushes your hair out of your face when you’re telling him a story. He thinks you’re the most amazing creature in the world. Why wouldn’t he want to touch you all the time? Life is too short to be weird about physical attention.
9. He’s Your Biggest Supporter And Fan – He knows you aren’t perfect, but he thinks you’re absolutely perfect for him. He knows that you can do anything you want and points that out to you anytime you have little episodes of fear or doubt. The man who really does care about you will be right there in the front row cheering you on when you overcome obstacles and triumph in life. He will pick you up and help you to the finish line when you’re struggling. He is, quite simply, the best.