At this day in age, people seem to have such different ideas about what it means to be dating and what it means to be in a relationship, so it can be hard to know where you stand with someone you’ve been spending a lot of time with. When you really like someone, you might be trying to decode and interpret their every move in order to determine if they may want a relationship with you in the future. If you suspect that the guy you’re hanging out with or have a crush on isn’t interested in a serious relationship with you, and that’s something that you do want and have been hoping for, it’s best to just ask him directly. That’s truly the only way you’re going to get a definitive answer. But, as you prepare yourself for that conversation, here are some very common signs to look out for which may suggest he doesn’t want a relationship – and what to do if that’s the case.
Signs A Guy Isn’t Interested In You Anymore
1. He Won’t Make Any Long-Term Plans – When you really like a guy, you might be eager to make long-term plans with him. For example, you may want to invite him to your friend’s wedding a few months in advance, buy concert tickets ahead of time, or even plan a vacation together. But when a guy doesn’t want a relationship with you, he’s unlikely to commit to anything far off in the future. Rather than being excited by the prospect of being with you for these kinds of activities down the road, he’s hesitant and unable to give you a definitive “yes.” And if a guy doesn’t want to think about your future together, he should be history to you.
2. He Doesn’t Introduce You To His Friends – Have you met his group of friends yet? When a guy is really into you, he’ll make it a point to introduce you to the other people in his life. Not only will his friends want to meet and get to know you, he’ll also want to see how you mesh with everyone, especially if he’s thinking about a long-term relationship with you. However, if you haven’t met his friends, family, or anyone else who is significant in his life, he’s actually showing you that you’re not significant to him. When a guy isn’t serious or truly interested in you, he’s not going to introduce you to his friends because it’s not worth his time and effort. If this is the case, he certainly isn’t worth any more of your time and effort, either.
3. He’s Unreliable – If you can’t trust or count on him, you can count on the fact that he doesn’t actually want to be in a relationship with you. When a guy is unreliable and undependable, it’s because he hasn’t made you a real priority in his life. For example, if he frequently breaks plans with you, is vague about his whereabouts, and isn’t forthright with you, he doesn’t want to be with you. After all, if he was serious about getting into a relationship with you, he’s be trying his hardest to keep his word and honor his commitments to you as much as possible. But if a man is constantly letting you down, it’s time for you to let him go.
4. He Doesn’t Text Back In A Timely Manner – Sure, we all have busy lives and no one has the time to sit there and text you back every five seconds. But, that doesn’t mean a guy shouldn’t have any time to text you back until days later. If he leaves you waiting by the phone, then he obviously doesn’t respect you or your time. One of the things guys do when they care about and respect you is chat with you throughout the day and make sure they are in contact with you at least once. If he doesn’t have the time to send you a simple text, then you shouldn’t have any time to waste on him.
5. He Has Dismissive Body Language – Actions really can speak louder than words. People who aren’t interested tend to keep their distance. He not only positions his body to face away from you, but he also avoids eye contact. He won’t do things like touch your arm or hug you when he sees you. In fact, if a guy isn’t interested then he will probably try to avoid as much physical contact as possible. One thing is for sure in this situation: if his words don’t outright tell you he’s not interested, his body will.
6. He Makes You Feel Bad About Yourself – You might be so into this guy that it’s making you feel desperate, especially because you seem to be the one taking all of the initiative. He doesn’t make you feel special, and you probably feel bad at time because he’s treating you the same way he does everyone else. To him, you’re not special – you’re just another girl he doesn’t want a long-term relationship with. It’s time to move on and find someone who is going to treat you like the great catch you are.
7. He’s Emotionally Unavailable – While you may have opened up to this guy and feel as though you can confide in him, it’s important to take a step back and look at his willingness to open up back to you. Has he let you in emotionally? When a man doesn’t want to be in a relationship, he’s going to keep conversations about his feelings and past as light as possible. He’s not going to take the time to fully open up to you because he’s not emotionally investing in you or in a future relationship with you. Even if you’re comfortable being vulnerable around him, his decision to be emotionally detached is a clear sign you should be distancing yourself from him instead.
It can be hard to accept the fact that you’ve spent lots of time and energy on a guy only to discover that he’s really not that into you, but isn’t it better to cut your losses now rather than it is to continue fooling yourself? The sooner you face the reality, the sooner you can walk away from a situation that clearly isn’t serving you. If the man you’re dating or have a crush on is displaying multiple signs from the list above, then you deserve better and it’s time you start acting like it.