Despite what some might tell you, appearance does matter in relationships. But, this doesn’t mean that looks are the most important aspect of a partnership. Attractiveness is subjective and many individuals will have different preferences and find different qualities attractive. Whether you’re crushing on a particular guy or already dating him, his looks are probably what first attracted you to him. If it’s a normal relationship then you should gradually begin to fall in love with his other qualities. Aside from great looks, you’ve got men who are supportive, intelligent, kind, have quirky hobbies, and have a strong work ethic. If you can’t seem to find any of these other qualities in the guy you’re currently dating or have interest in, then the idea of a long and healthy relationship might be more infatuation than true love. Listed below are five signs you might only like a guy for his looks rather than all of his other amazing qualities.
Signs You Only Like A Guy For His Good Looks
1. You Fall For Him At First Sight – In the real world love at first sight doesn’t really exist. If you think it’s possible then you likely fell into lust. You’ll need to go out on a few dates and really get to know him because as of now, you’ve only seen a handsome guy that you find irresistibly attractive. This is simply you falling into lust and not into love.
2. You Like To Show Him Off – If you like to show him off more than you like to actually see him then you’re totally dating him only for his looks. If you find yourself accepting dates only when they involve going out with other people or attending something like a wedding, chances are you don’t actually like spending that much time with him. If you had serious feelings for this guy you would want him to meet your friends and family, date nights, road trips or vacations together, and other activities that only involve the two of you.
3. You Don’t Know Anything About His Family – After a few months of dating, you should know at least a little bit about your boyfriend’s family. If the two of you have not yet started talking about the other important people in your lives, then you probably aren’t that important to each other. If it’s true love, you’ll be dying to introduce the guy you’re dating to friends, family, relatives, and everyone else you know!
4. He’s Not On Your Speed Dial – Sharing and caring are two essential keys of any relationship. If the two of you are not spending time together on a regular basis (on both your good and bad days), then you might need to rethink or reset your relationship. If anything amazing happens in your life and he’s not on your speed dial, it’s probably time for you to end the relationship.
5. You Don’t Have Much Fun Together – When have you two had a good laugh together? Relationships should be all about having fun and creating memories together. If you can’t remember ever having lots of fun with the guy you’re dating or have a crush on, then it’s obviously infatuation and not true love.
Common Questions and Answers
There are times when it can be difficult to know the difference between lust and love. This is especially true when talking about the early stages of a relationship. We searched the web and came up with some of the most commonly asked questions about this topic and have answered them in more detail below. After reading each of the five signs listed above along with the answers to each of these questions, you should be able to determine whether you’re only interested in a certain guy because of his good looks or not.
What is it called when someone only likes you for your looks?
These peoples are called narcissists. A narcissist is someone who is excessively self-absorbed, especially about their looks. They also have an inability to handle criticism, disregard for others’ feelings, and a sense of entitlement.
How do you know if it’s only physical attraction?
The simplest way to know if it’s only physical attraction is if you only focus on their physical appearance. If you can’t stop thinking about how good-looking your partner is or how great their body is, and there is little else that comes to mind when you think about what attracts you to them, then it’s lust and not love.
Do I like him or do I just find him attractive?
One way to tell if you actually like a guy is to think about him with other people. Do you feel a little jealous? If so, then it’s a sign that you definitely like him for more than just his looks. Anytime you start feeling territorial about someone, that’s a simple way of knowing it’s not just infatuation.
The five signs above are clear indications that you might only be dating or crushing on a guy because of his looks. If that’s the case, you shouldn’t lead him on. Doing so will never lead to anything serious because the relationship will always be shallow and on the surface. The characteristics above portray someone who doesn’t want to spend their time getting to know the inner man they are dating and prefer to only focus on the outer beauty instead. If that’s the case, you probably shouldn’t be dating or seeking a relationship.