Men want their woman to think they’ve got it all under control. They’ve got this manly men thing down pat, nothing scares them, and they can definitely provide for and protect their family. No problem! Except we know that’s not really true. In fact, your husband or boyfriend is likely harboring a host of fears which they wouldn’t dare mention out loud – and some of those fears might surprise you. Listed below are five of the most common secrets which men will hide from their partner.
Secrets That Men Hide From Their Girlfriend
1. The Stock & Bonds They Own – Investments are a common thing men will keep hidden from their partner. In one survey conducted by SafeHome, stocks and bonds were one of the top five secrets about finances for both men and women, but men kept these a secret more often than their female counterparts.
2. Issues Related To Their Family – It’s not uncommon for men to keep secrets regarding family member’s mental health issues, money problems, and other struggles. Mental health issues, financial trouble, and other family problems can be sources of shame for them and therefor, they don’t talk about it. However, this can lead to problems if the wife or girlfriend feels the husband is being protective.
3. That They’re Embarrassed About How They Look – People almost always assume that women feel a certain way about how they look, but what’s not as frequently discussed is that men can have negative feelings about their appearance as well. More and more men exhibit symptoms of body dysmorphia today than in centuries before. Often suffering in silence, men feel ashamed to discuss their insecurities about their physical appearance because it’s not considered “masculine” in our culture. Normalizing this experience can help your significant other open up. For instance, when you’re watching TV and see a representative of the ideal male appear on screen, share what it’s like when you see this type of unattainable image in your gender.
4. How Much Money They’re Spending – You might think that women would keep this a secret more commonly than men, since that is so often the gender stereotype, but there are lots of men keeping their spending habits a secret from their partners as well. As noted in the SafeHome previously-mentioned survey, nearly 12 percent of men surveyed said that they keep their spending a secret. With that data in mind, it’s clear that this secret is very universal.
5. If They Have Inheritances – Inheritances can be another source of secrets for some men. Sometimes the husband has this fear that if his wife knew, she would go on a spending spree, even if that’s something she’s never done before. This stems from their own financial-related anxiety rather than their trust in their partner.
Be the first to leave a review.