Most of your relationship success will come from who you choose. All of the advice in the world won’t save you if you choose men that aren’t on the same page as you and who don’t want the same things. It’s important for you to recognize the signs of a man who is ready to settle down and wants a serious relationship because you don’t want to end up wasting a bunch of time only to be blindsided after months of pouring your heart and soul into him and the relationship, only to discover he is not on the same page as you. Sometimes we don’t see the situation clearly because our feelings are too involved. We want things to turn on a certain way so we hone in on the signs and clues that say reality is as we want it to be. But, doing this doesn’t serve you and it won’t help you find the love of your life. Continue reading to discover the signs that say he is ready for something serious, and that he’s serious about you!
Signs He’s Ready To Be In A Serious Relationship
1. He Has Time For You – The first and most concrete signs that a guy is interested in developing a relationship with you is that he will make time for you even if his life is really busy. He will respond quickly to emails, calls and texts (within 24 hours) and will initiate conversations and dates to meet up. A man is ready for a serious relationship when the time he invests in pursuing it is consistent and doesn’t change after the relationship has reached the bedroom. Often times, men are very attractive when they first meet a woman they are attracted to, but their interest begins to wane once they have the prize. If he won’t give you his time, don’t waste any more of yours on him.
2. He Opens Up To You – Research has shown that men are much less open with their emotions when compared to women. They’re generally more reserved when talking about their feelings, past relationships and current struggles. When a man is ready for a serious relationship he will have reached a level of emotional maturity where he understands the importance of developing intimacy through communication – he wants to invite you into his inner world and isn’t afraid of you judging him as weak when he lets you know that sometimes he hurts. One important aspect of this is when a man wants to draw you into his life – showing you where he lives and introducing you to his family and friends – all of this indicates that he is interested in developing a deepening relationship and making a commitment rather than keeping it casual.
3. He Talks About The Future – Pay attention to conversations regarding future plans. It doesn’t have to be vacations and world traveling, although that, without a doubt, means he is serious. It can be as simple as a joke about how cute your children together would be. Any mention of you two in the future is a great clue to if he is serious or not.
4. He Is Over Past Relationships – This one of the biggest indications that a man is ready for a serious relationship – he is not bitter or cynical about women, commitment or relationships. He can look at what happened realistically and see where he made mistakes rather than placing the blame for the failure of past relationships solely at the door of his exes, his mother, or women in general. He will give you his attention and get to know you as an individual and explore the relationship between you without prejudice.
5. He Is Reliable – Did your car breakdown? Drama with a friend? Whether it’s getting the engine running or being your shoulder to cry on, a man ready for commitment has learned the lessons of being a man. If the man you are seeing will almost always respond and be helpful then you have a man who cares about you and your well-being. He enjoys being your hero and wants you to rely on him which no man would do if he was not seriously interested. This is one of the key signs he is ready to be serious with you.
6. His Friends Are In Relationships – Men will usually engage with people who share similar values, so if their closest friends are in committed relationships, it is a good indication that he is ready for that too. If, however, he still hangs out with mostly single friends, acting irresponsibly, playing the field and living like a bachelor, he may not be ready to give that up yet. Most men will have a combination of the two but over time you will see where his strongest attachments are and whose values he shares. Avoid getting deeply involved with someone who you think has the potential to calm down and engage in a serious relationship – you need to accept someone as they are now rather than what you think they could be if you push them in the right direction.
7. He Remembers Specifics About You – You have got to love a man with a good memory, take it from someone who has been in a relationship for eight years. For some reason, as the years pass a man’s memory loses strength. They can no longer remember what you find romantic or hear the birthday gift hints you’ve been dropping for the past month. On the flipside, it could be that during those first blissful months, when a man is interested in a woman and pays attention, he is able to retain information like what she likes, doesn’t like, is allergic to, or fears. So if you have told the man you’ve been seeing you are allergic to fish and he takes you to a sushi restaurant, well then he hasn’t been listening and should probably be kicked to the curb. However, he knows how much you love to cook and takes you to a cooking class date, well then he has been paying attention and that’s always good for a future relationship.
8. His Facebook Is No Longer Filled With Girls – Social media is, unfortunately, a fantastic way to tell if the man you’re seeing is serious about being with you and only you. If you see that he has pictures of you two all over his Facebook profile than pat yourself on the back because that man is as good as gold. However, if you are on Facebook and see weird flirty posts or tags out at bars and restaurants with other females, then it might be to time to have the uncomfortable exclusive talk. If a talk is needed, try coming from a place of curiosity for yourself and what’s best for you. It may seem silly to judge the future of a man based on his Instagram, but it’s the best way to see what he is doing when he isn’t with you.