Sure, compromises are great and necessary for a healthy relationship, but who says you should do it all the time and satisfy yourself with mediocrity when you aspire to greater and better?
You can’t put all of your trust in fate and let things go “the way they were supposed to go.” Such things don’t exist. Your relationship will be as successful as you want it to be. If you nourish it, it will grow, and if you don’t take care of it, it will fail. Compromise is absolutely necessary, and you should give as much as you take, but there are some things that become essential, things that you need along with things that he needs. Listed below is a list of 12 things all women deserve in a boyfriend.
Things All Women Deserve In A Man
1. You deserve a boyfriend who you can sit on the couch with and he’ll do his own thing while you do your own thing and then every once in a while, he’ll pick his head up and smile at you and you’ll mouth “I love you” because he has his headphones on and he’ll mouth it back and then you’ll both go back to whatever you were doing.
2. You deserve a boyfriend who will do and say things that actually make you feel like he really thinks you’re the best person he knows. He deserves someone who makes him feel that way, too.
3. You deserve a man who will either cook dinner or do the dishes from the dinner you cooked. Whoever cooks does not have to do the dishes, ever. That’s just basic science.
4. You deserve a man who will get another roll of toilet paper from the hallway closet when the toilet paper’s out in the bathroom, even though he doesn’t use as much toilet paper as you do.
5. You deserve a guy who will push back on you when you’re being an insufferable, irrational tyrant and who will expect you to push back on him when he’s being the exact same.
6. You deserve a guy who will go get you medicine when you’re sick and he deserves a girl who will do the exact same for him, because you’re both total babies when you’re sick.
7. You deserve a man who will honor his commitments and keep his promises because he’s a decent human being and that’s the lowest common denominator of what a person deserves from the partner they are committed to.
8. You deserve a guy who will not be a caricature of masculinity because you’re not a caricature of femininity. You’re both doing you and it’s a partnership and neither of you are being these annoying versions of yourselves that the world has told you to be.
9. You deserve a guy who will cry, express emotion and have feelings because he’s human. You deserve a boyfriend who’s a human being, honestly. And a decent one, at that! In fact, everyone should just be decent and then deserve each other.
10. You deserve a boyfriend who will put the toilet seat down, not because it’s courteous to you, but because the toilet looks ridiculous when the seat’s up and neither of you want your bathroom to look ridiculous.
11. You deserve a man who will do the laundry, vacuum, replace a light bulb or take out the trash. In a relationship, both partners should be sharing household chores and they should not be divided up based on gender.
12. You deserve a boyfriend who will totally respect and accept you… just as long as you totally respect and accept him.