In a world where being coupled up or in a relationship seems like all the rage, the reality is that being single can actually be better. While it’s great to have someone we can love, cuddle, and support us when things get scary, there’s is also nothing more exciting and fulfilling than the relationship you have with yourself. You get to do things in your own time and on your own terms. There are definitely perks to getting married, but it can also be a bit overrated. Instead, being single for as long as possible is, at least for some women, the preferred way to go. Here are 8 reasons why ideal women stay single the longest. You just might realize you’re one of them.
Why Ideal Women Stay Single The Longest
1. You Have Unreasonable Expectations – You’re used to setting very high standards and expectations for yourself in life. Because of that, you tend to do the same in your relationships. But, you shouldn’t let that be the case all of the time. Not all people are going to be like you, and you should learn to be more flexible with your expectations in a relationship. That is, if you ever want to accommodate another person in your life.
2. You’re A Natural Risk Taker – You’ve never been conventional in your thoughts or actions, and you’re the first one in your group of friends to sign up for something crazy like cliff jumping or skydiving. You’d prefer to know the thrill of living on the edge rather than huddling away in a life that’s ordinary.
3. You Deserve An Amazing Guy – Whether it’s for another human being or some job that you know you’re better than, you just refuse to settle in any way. Since that’s the case, you definitely aren’t going to waste your time being with someone who doesn’t live up to your standards.
4. You Love Being The Single Girl At Weddings – Single women at weddings kill it in the guy department. Not only do you have the single men eyeing you, but married men who miss their single days, too. It’s also a perfect time to celebrate the fact that you don’t have to deal with your own wedding anytime soon, which also means more money for shoes, brunch, and travel.
5. Your Top Priorities Don’t Include Being With Someone – Far too many women define themselves by being the wife or girlfriend of someone else. They allow themselves to be absorbed into the life of another until they are no longer their own entity. But you, the woman who’s going to stay single the longest, doesn’t buy into that. You have an identity and that doesn’t involve being one part of a whole. You’re already whole.
6. You Attract The Wrong Kind Of Men – Because you’re a strong and independent woman, there’s a good chance you are going to intimidate and scare off several men. This also means the men you do happen to attract are usually the dumb guys who are too stupid to realize the kind of value you bring to the table.
7. You Don’t Show A Willingness To Compromise – Being committed in a relationship requires you to show a willingness to compromise with another person. Yes, you are strong and steadfast. However, the ability to compromise is integral in meeting another person halfway. There is no way a relationship will last if you are incapable of compromise.
8. You’d Rather Not Share Your Hard Earned Money – In a relationship, things become 50/50 and suddenly you have to watch your spending for the sake of your partnership. You’re not ready to give up on the frivolous spending of your hard earned cash for the future of your relationship.