We currently live in a world that’s full of technology. Adults have dozens of different dating apps and websites out there which cater to just about any lifestyle someone could possibly have. Still, this world faces a huge issue with loneliness. Believe it or not, about fifty percent of adults have trouble finding a partner. You may feel like the world is conspiring against you and pushing every eligible partner away from you. Or it may be because of your hectic work hours or your lack of drop dead gorgeous looks. There can be lots of reasons for someone not being able to find love. However, the simple truth is that there are common mistakes many people make in dating which prevent them from finding and maintaining a lasting relationship. Prioritizing dating and opening yourself to new connections can allow you to find love, but if you’ve been dating up a storm and still can’t find that special someone, here are some potential reasons why you might be struggling in your search.
Signs You Will Never Find Love
1. You idealize the relationship – We all have our own idea of the perfect relationship. One person could be inspired by a romantic movie while another might be inspired by a specific book. In the end however, we all tend to want the same thing – to make these beautiful love stories come true in real life. Sadly, illusions are often crushed by reality and that’s the case with true love. In order to form a successful relationship with someone you need to understand that your partner is a real person and not a character from some book or movie. Understand they’re going to have faults just like you and everyone else does. Be willing to compromise and accept other people for who they are and that will help guide you to holding a long term relationship.
2. No self-respect – Let me be the first to tell you that respecting both yourself and other people is going to be the base for building any type of relationship – including the romantic kind. Can you really love someone else when you don’t even love yourself? The only type of relationship that will lead to is one based on feelings of guilt which does absolutely nothing for either partner. Find your own internal support by thinking about achievements you’ve had in things like hobbies, school and sports. Understand your value and don’t let anyone doubt your importance. Once you have love and confidence in yourself doing the same for others will be easy.
3. You can’t forgive – Everyone makes mistakes and I’m sure you have as well. Still, there are times you can make a mistake and never gain back all the trust you once had no matter what you changes you make. Often times we’re actually too strict when judging other people and not strict enough when evaluating ourselves. Don’t try and force yourself to accept things you don’t agree with. At the same time, it can be beneficial to always try and withhold judgement. Even if you feel extremely offended by something your partner just did or said, if you’re invested in the relationship then give them another chance.
4. You’re not ready for a relationship – One big problem with romantic movies and books is that it puts the notion in peoples head that a couple being in love is what’s needed to experience ultimate happiness and joy. The truth is, some people need to deal with more pressing concerns before the worry about building a new relationship. If you feel like you need to be alone in order to fix whatever is wrong then it’s perfectly okay. As mentioned above, you need to make sure you’ve found happiness within yourself and your own life before you should start a new relationship. Getting over a breakup or loss in your family are a couple of other reasons someone might not feel ready to start a new relationship.
5. You’re fixated on yourself – One of the most common reasons couples call it quits is because at least one of them is egotistical. If someone is only thinking about themselves and their own needs, it’s quickly going to kill the love within the relationship. Even if someone thinks they’re doing something good for the couple, relationships don’t work when one person is only focused on themselves. These types of people need to understand the world doesn’t revolve around them and that type of behavior will never work in a relationship.
For you to love someone else you must first love yourself. Do an analysis of past relationships to determine what caused them to end, is there a common denominator? Figuring this out will prevent a recurrence and will allow you to adjust about issues that require addressing in your life. One thing to remember while looking for love is not to be desperate. This may cause you to overlook warning signs that are usually tell tales of future problems in a relationship. Remember to keep your eyes and mind open, plus have an overall idea of the kind of person you are wanting to date. When online dating, be very careful of who you meet online. It can be difficult to determine the genuineness of a person who is sheltered by the internet. Trust in the person that you are, have confidence and a positive attitude. If you have to work extra hard to convince someone of your value then maybe they are not the best fit. Don’t hesitate to let it go and simply move on because there are plenty of fish in the sea. Everyone can find love in this world as long as they are open to finding it!