Are you one of those girls who doesn’t have any luck when it comes to love and can’t seem to find what the problem is? You know that you’re smart, talented, beautiful, and have a lot to offer, but the right guy is nowhere to be found. Friends and family wonder how come you’re always single and you’ve started asking yourself the same question. Still, you can’t seem to find the answer.
Have you ever thought you might be too selective when it comes to dating? If you’re searching for the perfect man, sharing similar hobbies should be one of the first expectations. However, some girls just have extremely high standards when it comes to finding the perfect guy. It’s not wrong to have standards, but don’t set standards that are impossible to reach. Continue reading to see if you have any of these signs which might indicate that you’re being way too picky about guys!
Signs You’re Too Picky About Men
1. You Refuse Guys Who Have A Goofy Laugh – Okay, goofy and silly laughs can get annoying from time to time. Still, it’s not reason not to give someone a chance. If you’re not willing to go out with a guy just because of a goofy laugh then you might be a little too picky about guys!
2. You Haven’t Been In A Long Term Relationship For A While – If you’ve gone on countless first dates and it occurs to you that you’ve never been in a constant long term relationship, you probably need to consider lowering your requirements a bit.
3. You Turn Down All People Who Call Or Text Too Soon – Just because he calls or texts you one day after meeting doesn’t mean he’s desperate. Some guys would rather chat and see you again sooner as opposed to later. Don’t worry about the whole “give it a day or two” rule. If you do, then you’re most likely being a bit too picky!
4. You Reject Any Guy Who Is A Few Minutes Late For The First Date – Guys can be late for numerous reasons, just like girls. If a guy shows up a few minutes late to your planned date then don’t reject him for that reason alone. Cut him a break and see how your date goes rather than starting things on a bad note. If you’re someone who does this then you’re definitely being too picky about guys!
5. You Expect Chemistry Right Away – Sometimes people click when they first meet and other times it might take a date or two. Don’t put someone off just because you didn’t seam to click on the very first date. Chat and mingle a time or two before deciding if you think the relationship is worth going further in or not. Girls who expect chemistry right away every single time are definitely expecting too much!
6. They Should Have Your Taste In Music And Movies – Being different is good for relationships. Your partner may be able to turn you onto something you never thought you would have liked before. Never dismiss a man you’re dating just because he doesn’t have the same taste in music or movies. Instead, embrace it and see what you can get out of it!
Sometimes, the strength of your expectations will go by the wayside when you meet someone so great that they don’t have to be everything on your list. So examine your priorities, deal-breakers and expectations. Life is nothing like it is in the movies and the harsh truth is that your Prince Charming isn’t going to show up on your doorstep while you patiently wait for him.