Let’s be honest, the road to finding The One can be a rough and bumpy one. When you never seem to find the right match or you keep getting into relationships that never actually go anywhere, it’s easy to lose hope and feel discouraged. This has nothing to say about you or your worthiness of finding love. Everyone is worthy and deserving of a happy relationship. But if you’re stuck in an endless cycle of attracting the wrong people, experts say, there may be things you’re doing that are repelling the right person from coming into your life. The worst part is, you might not even realize you’re doing it. Listed below are 7 mistakes that could prevent you from finding The One.
Common Mistakes That Prevent You From Finding The One
7. You beam with happiness (or not) – One study (with 1,000 participants) indicated that happiness was reported to benefit the attractiveness of women, but not men. Instead, men were found to be most attractive when they looked proud.
6. You don’t giggle after jokes – Think about the situations when somebody told a joke and everyone broke out into laughter, except one person. That person probably doesn’t have much sense of humor, and it’s unattractive. Several studies have shown that both men and women tend to enjoy the company of humorous people. A sense of humor is a powerful source of attractiveness, and, luckily, it can be developed.
5. You believe that sleep is for the weak – Ever wondered how “Sleeping Beauty” got her name? It would seem the name likely came from her sleeping a lot. You should already know the consequences of not getting enough sleep – red eyes, dark circles under them, puffy face, and pale skin. Ugh. No wonder many different studies have shown that sleep-deprived people are always considered less attractive. Not to mention, they also look less healthy. That means it’s important for you to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep per night in order to maintain your attractiveness.
4. You enjoy chit-chatting – Do you love complaining about the weather or discussing current news with strangers? If so, scientists say you could be unattractive. Instead, it’s better to begin discussing deeper topics which will help you feel more connected and interested in the other person. This also means your chances of falling in love will increase.
3. You are worn down – If being stressed out doesn’t make you feel bad enough already, some studies may give you some additional reasons to finally chill out. It seems that rough life conditions can make us less attractive, and that shouldn’t be a big surprise. Researchers in one study focused their attention on women only and suggested that the result could be explained by evolution. In stressful situations, the level of their stress hormones increases and it can somehow indicate that women are not healthy or fertile enough.
2. You’re not humble – Have a look at the following statements: “I’m a pretty good student, but not a bookworm” and “I’m smart, but I don’t like the attention” and “I’m a really good student and pretty smart, but definitely not a nerd or bookworm. I guess it just comes naturally.” Now, which of these statements would you feel more sympathy toward? Certain studies have suggested that in descriptions and personality assessments like this humble people are reported to be more attractive than arrogant ones. So, watch what you say if you’ve spotted a cutie nearby.
1. You play too hard to get – Many women believe that “playing hard to get” is the magical strategy that will make them more attractive to a man. However, some relationship studies show that you have to know when to stop playing hard to get if you really want someone. People are more likely to consider others attractive if they have no problem understanding their emotions.
Happy couples consciously feel like they have found the one. This is not only because they are compatible right off the bat, but they actively work towards keeping their partners happy in the relationship. They often make compromises for the benefit of the relationship as a whole and make sacrifices at their own expense to keep their partners happy. If you visualize the things you can do better every day to help grow and progress the relationship. This will only ever be greeted by more love and affection from your partner.