Many relationships end in huge fights that are enough to make two people never want to be together again, but that isn’t the case for everyone. Truth be told, a breakup can actually serve as a catalyst for making a relationship between two people that love each other better and stronger than ever before. It can serve as a tool that highlights how deeply you actually care for one another, but also what needs to change. The fear of losing the person you love forever can be the electroshock needed to catapult you down the right road to restoring a relationship that will withstand the test of time. This article was written to provide you with several different signs your ex might be thinking about coming back to you!
Realistic Signs Your Ex Will Eventually Come Back
1. They Are Dating Someone Who Is Your Polar Opposite – If they are dating someone who appears to be your polar opposite, they are doing it subconsciously for the purpose of trying to forget about you. They still care about you and don’t know how to get rid of this feeling, so they choose to find someone else who is your total opposite in the hopes that this will help them get over you. However, this only works temporarily. The more they suppress their feelings about you and force themselves to be with someone new, the longer they will be miserable. After some time, they will realize that the only solution is to come back to you instead of chasing fake happiness.
2. They Don’t Date Anyone – This is one of the more obvious signs your ex will eventually come back. So, if your ex is not ready to start dating anyone after the breakup, it means they are still unable to move on and simply can’t meet up with anyone else at the moment, no matter how much they may want to make you jealous. They don’t date others because they are solely focused on your past and thinking about how to get you back or hoping you will be the initiator of it. They may also be too depressed to go out and simply not in the mood to meet new people because they still have hopes the two of you will get back together. So, the chances are, while you’re wondering how to get your ex back, they are probably doing the same thing.
3. They Aren’t Returning Your Things – After a breakup, when two people are one hundred percent sure that it’s over, the first thing that comes to their mind is getting rid of all the things that accumulated during the time they spent together. If this isn’t the case with your ex-boyfriend or girlfriend, then there are two possible reasons for it. First, they feel too attached to every single item and gift which they have received from you and simply cannot give it back to you. Second, they are certain that after some time you will get back together, so there is no need for them to return any of your things.
4. They’re Already In A New (Rebound) Relationship – If your ex is already in a new relationship, don’t let that confuse you. It doesn’t necessarily mean the new relationship is serious, that they’ve gotten over you, and have now found someone else to be with whom makes them happier. This doesn’t mean that they’re ready to start a new life and discard everything that has happened in the past. In most cases, entering a new relationship right after a breakup means the person is trying to fill a void left after your breakup. If your ex is in a rebound relationship, it likely means they are trying to find your substitute, someone who will give them temporary relief from their misery. The truth is that your ex still has feelings for you, but they have chosen the wrong way of dealing with it, or they might be doing it on purpose only to make you jealous!
5. They Stalk You On Social Media – This is one of the biggest signs your ex wants you back and that they will eventually come back to you. If they constantly comment on your posts, like every new update you share, and follow your every move on social media, you can be sure that they are still crazy about you. They stalk you on social media because obviously they miss you a lot and cannot help themselves but follow your every move and impatiently wait for your next post. If this is the case with your ex, you can be sure that soon you will be back together again (if that is your wish too, of course).
6. You Broke Up On Good Terms – You didn’t cheat on each other and you didn’t play mind games while you were together. If you broke up on good terms, it means that nothing is really damaged yet. Your relationship is still salvageable and it’s probably just a matter of time before your ex comes back to you. And that is the main reason why you two are still in touch with each other. You don’t feel the urge to indulge in the no-contact rule because you’re not mad at each other and you don’t have hard feelings. You’re still all good, but you’re just separated for the time being.
7. They Are Still In Touch With Your Friends – One of the common signs your ex might come back to you is if they are still in touch with your friends. They don’t text or call only you, they also do so with your mutual friends. You could say that they’re trying hard to stay in touch with your best friends, although you’re not sure why. But, I will tell you. The only reason they care about staying connected with your friends is because these are the middlemen when it comes to finding things out about you (that they can’t ask you). Also, they’re doing it because they want to make a good impression on your friends so they will have a better chance of getting back together with you.
8. They Always Make Excuses To See You – Is your ex constantly looking for reasons to see you? Or, do you feel like they’re always at the same places as you, even though you didn’t tell them you were going to be there. When someone wants to see you badly, they’re capable of making up the most complicated situations and lies (for example, urgent coffee next week) that they need something from you, only to feel your presence and finally see you. If you suspect that your ex is guilty of this, they are really trying hard to still be a part of your life and they won’t stop making excuses until the two of you finally reunite.
9. You Broke Up Because Of Distance – Some relationships are doomed to fail only because of distance. If this is the reason why the two of you broke up in the first place, chances are that you will get back together sooner than you think. Long distance relationships are really hard to maintain because you can’t feel the touch of your loved one and you can never understand them completely. That’s why many of these relationships end no sooner than they begin, and after some time apart, couples reunite because there were no major issues for breaking up in the first place. The only reason was being distanced from each other, which can be easily fixed in the future.
Be the first to leave a review.