Mention the word soulmate to a group of people and you’re bound to get at least one or two eye rolls. The idea that there is one magical person out there for you with whom you’ll fall in love with instantly and never disagree with is just not realistic. But what does exist, at least for many people, is a person who you know instinctively, who you connect with on the deepest level and who allows you to grow as a person within the relationship. When that person is a romantic partner, you’ve come across something truly special. The question is, how do you know when you’ve actually found your soulmate? This article aims to help answer that important question with eight different signs that will show you’ve possibly found your soulmate in life!
Signs You Have Found Your Soulmate
1. You Just Know It – There is no test that will help you determine if you’ve found your soulmate or not. To figure it out, you just have to know it. You have to feel it in your gut, that this person is the right one for you. I know it may sound silly, but when you get that feeling, you’ll know what it means. You should feel energized by their presence, comfortable enough to completely open up, and just giddy with love. Of course, connections manifest themselves differently for everyone.
2. You Challenge Each Other – Your soulmate should bring out the best in you, and that means pushing you a little to become the best person you can be. Yes, you should admire and respect your partner for who they are, but you should also motivate them to reach their goals, to try a little harder when they need a nudge, and aid with their personal development. Relationships are all about growth and soulmates help each other grow together.
3. You Respect Each Other’s Differences – You know that you have different opinions. Often times, soulmates are polar opposites, and this can sometimes be challenging. These are the times when you are being forced to let the other person complete you. You still have your differences and your own opinions, but instead of agreeing to disagree, there is a deep level of respect for each other. You listen and honor the differences.
4. They’re Your Best Friend – A friendship is the best foundation for any relationship. One reason for this is because friends already have a strong foundation built for something more. Trust for one another, similar hobbies or interests, and emotional attachment are all reasons why friendships can blossom into love. Why do you think so many romantic comedies are about two close friends who end up dating? If you are in a trusting, positive friendship with your partner, that is an excellent sign!
5. You Feel A Sense Of Calm Around Them – You spend so time with your significant other because being with them makes you feel at home and at peace. Of course, there will likely be butterflies and nerves at first, but after you get comfortable with each other, the relationship should just feel natural.
6. You Fight For The Relationship – Relationships aren’t always easy, even between soulmates, but you two work hard for your relationship. This often means compromising, working on yourself, and talking through tough issues. Maybe your jealousy has become a problem so you talk to a counselor or therapist about it. Or your partner quits smoking because they know it’s important to you. The fact that you two are showing that you’re willing to take these steps is a clear sign that you’re soulmates.
7. You Share The Same Life Goals – When it comes to life goals, both you and your partner should have similar plans. That doesn’t necessarily mean you want the same career or to attend the same college. It simply means you both agree on where you want to end up in life. Do you both want a family? Do you both want the same type of lifestyle? Obviously, there will be disagreements, but the two of you should agree on the big stuff. That’s a pretty good indicator of long-term happiness with your significant other.
8. You Complete Each Other – Your partner should fill in your blanks. No person is perfect and we all have our own strengths and weaknesses. Soulmates complete each other. It’s the yin and yang of perfect harmony. One person might be the extrovert, while the other is an introvert. One may be social, while the other is a homebody. Soulmates are often opposite which is why you’ve probably heard the term opposite’s attract before. This is because our soulmate is the special person who holds our missing pieces.
Love doesn’t look the same for every person, but these trends depict what scientific evidence suggests many people experience. Distinguishing between emotions that reflect passion versus the kind of love that creates a foundation for a long-term relationship is never easy, but research suggests that passionate love might become sustained love when it is accompanied by substantive compatibility, a supportive social network, and mutual commitment. When you’re with someone you truly love, you will know that person is one of the greatest blessings that’s been brought into your life. You will wonder how you became so lucky to have the man or woman that was brought to you, and all you can feel is thankful and blessed. When you have this strong feeling of gratitude, you’ll know that he or she is the one.