Everyone wants to have their own happily ever after. Once you’ve found the girl of your dreams, you probably never imagined it could go any other way besides the “growing old together” way. However, it’s an unfortunate fact of love and life that not all relationships will make it to the promised land. Whether it’s a major scandal like infidelity or something as simple yet devastating as one of you falling out of love, it is always nice to have a heads up. In most cases, when a woman is no longer interested in a relationship she doesn’t want to be the one to end it. But even when she has already made the decision to breakup, she will still take the time to give you some signs before actually telling you. This is the time to take a deep look at your relationship. With the falling out of love part, there are many warnings you can look for along the way. Listed below are eight different signs that indicate she doesn’t love you anymore. These might come in handy as you run a diagnostic check to see whether or not your relationship will truly stand the test of time.
Signs That She Doesn’t Love You Anymore
1. Your Partner Has Given Up – None of us like fighting with our partner; it’s awful. The yelling, the stomping around, or even the classic retreat into the bedroom in hopes that they will come find you. While these fights, and the countless others, are messy, and terrible in their own right, they do speak to something. The couple has passion. They care about the other person enough to fight with them. And while it is a twisted way of showing love, there is an underlying belief in the relationship, and hope for a better future. When you start to see that your partner has stopped engaging with you and in general just “doesn’t care anymore,” you should start to wonder if they’ve fallen out of love with you. Because, what’s the point of fighting if they’ve given up?
2. She Keeps You A Secret – All of a sudden, you stop getting invited to family barbecues and happy hour drinks with her friends. She seems hesitant when it comes to letting you spend time with the people she considers close. This insistence in keeping you a secret might be a key pointer to her lack of interest in you or having a long term relationship.
3. She Criticizes Everything You Do – Some women become very critical and negative when they start to detach from a relationship. She will criticize pretty much everything you do, even when you feel that you don’t deserve it. Unfortunately, this is a sign that she not only doesn’t love you anymore but also that she may be starting to resent you and your presence in her life. As with most other signs we have highlighted, this increased criticism is more often than not subconscious. However, it could also be a deliberate attack on your peace of mind and self-esteem as a strategy to sabotage the relationship.
4. Ships Passing In The Night – When your partner avoids coming home, it doesn’t look like much at first. Little signs like “we feel like ships passing in the night.” Or maybe there is a steady uptick in work trips, and sometimes it may take them longer than they need to be. Finally, sometimes they fill their calendars with friends and activities, but none of them involve you. This is a major sign that your partner has been building a life, without you. We come home because we want to see our partners, we want to feel love, and most of all, we want to feel a source of happiness. If your home has become loveless, fraught with conflict, or lacking meaning, your partner will avoid it for their own psychological survival.
5. You Feel Emotionally Distant – Physical avoidance can be really hurtful, but nothing compares to being completely iced out by the woman you love. When a girl loses interest, they detach from the relationship and you completely. This emotional distancing is a form of coping mechanism and may not even be something that she is conscious about. Emotional distancing manifests in different ways. Some women may simply stop being affectionate or expressing their love verbally. In other cases, it is more subtle and may just look like she’s no longer invested in your interests or emotions. It is a difficult sign to describe, but let’s just say you will feel it when your girlfriend starts to detach herself from you emotionally.
6. She No Longer Gives You Compliments – Another way to know that your girl is not that into you anymore is when the compliment well runs dry. She used to compliment you on everything from that ugly sweater your auntie sent you to that new haircut you weren’t too sure about. But now, she just doesn’t seem to notice anything. The worst-case scenario here is when she actually goes out of her way to put you down and give you harsh criticism. All of a sudden, she can’t stand your cologne or doesn’t like how you dress. This right here is the end stage of relationship failure, and you probably can’t turn things around from there without a miracle.
7. She Talks About Other Men In Her Life – Flirting and cheating are definite signs that your girl may not love or like you anymore. However, not all women take it this far. Some might just suddenly start talking a lot more about the men in her life. It could be endless praise for a new friend or colleague from work. Maybe she is bringing up a mutual male friend a lot more in her conversations than she used to. Interestingly, this is something that she may do entirely subconsciously. However, some might use it as a strong hint that she has options, and you need to step up if you want to keep her. In both cases, you may also notice her getting overly defensive whenever you confront her for talking too much about other guys in her life.
8. Your Partner Is Filled With Contempt – We all have mood fluctuations. We bounce sometimes from emotional state to emotional state. We feel close to our partner, and sometimes distant. We have a great weekend with them, and sometimes just a bad night. Having varying mood states towards your partner is normal, and a very relational way to live on this planet. However, one sign you want to pay attention to is when you see a consistent mood that permeates the relationship. The number one mood to look for? Contempt. When your partner appears consistently disgusted by your presence; mean to you, sarcastic, disrespectful; this is a major sign that your relationship may be near its end.
All of us want and deserve to be loved. However, there is nothing more complicated than relationships. If you find that your partner has fallen out of love with you, it can be one of the hardest times in your life. Find your resources, look inside yourself to ask tough questions and lean on your village of friends; all will help guide you out of these tricky waters. And finally, find that person whose heart won’t stop beating for you, even in toughest of times.
Be the first to leave a review.