Both relationships and dating can be a difficult task for some. You might be wondering why some people constantly seem to attract the attention of everyone around while others always seem to end up alone. It turns out that men and women are not just going by our appearance and personal qualities. Some of the behaviors people display actually push others away to the point they would rather not talk to them at all. Continue reading to learn some of the worse habits and behavior mistakes you can make when meeting someone new.
Behavior Mistakes That Push People Away
1. Sleep Deprivation – A lack of sleep can change your mood while also making you look less attractive. Always try to get yourself plenty of sleep before a date or important meeting. It’s a fact that people will unknowingly try to avoid those who look unhealthy. Sleep deprivation can make you grumpy and more nervous and scientists claim that getting enough rest at night will lead to people treating you as a more reliable and friendly person.
2. No Hobbies – Believe it or not, you don’t need to be incredibly beautiful to attract the opposite gender. One study conducted at an online dating site has proven that creative people can be just as popular as beautiful ones. Men prefer women who like sports, dancing, traveling, and art. As for women, they were into those who travel, work out, cook, and don’t sleep at the movies.
3. Poor Manners – When you’re dating bad table manners could leave you without a second chance. People think that noisy eating can be one of the most disgusting habits someone can have. Answering phone calls and eating from your date’s plate are two other things you should consider blacklisted. One final note is to never take your date to a fast food restaurant on a date, or place an order for a dish which contains lots of garlic.
4. Gothic Paleness – Our skin tone also influences our appearance. Scientists have found that the yellowish pigment in our skin tone actually makes us look more attractive. Melanin and carotenoids are responsible for skin coloration and people unknowingly look for a healthy partner, which is why pale skin may push them away. Getting a beautiful, healthy skin tone can be done by simply eating more fruits and vegetables, especially those which contain large amounts of carotenoids like carrots, tomatoes, apricots, and mangoes.
5. Laziness – Active people are much more likely to meet a partner as opposed to those who are lazy. Lazy people tend to be less outgoing and successful. That’s not just because they spend lots of extra time sitting at home and watching TV. It goes back to our psychological mechanisms: ancient people didn’t like those who preferred to do nothing and thought they were useless. Modern people tend to think the same way.
6. Self Confidence – Women prefer confident men. A grumpy or brutish man actually attracts more attention then a smiling guy. It’s a fact that girls don’t like men who are too happy. As for ladies, if a woman is too confident men will usually think she’s reserved or snobby. A man is unlikely to ask a girl out if she puts off an image that says I have really high self-esteem. So, a wide smile is definitely the best way to get a gentleman’s attention.
7. No Friends – People who have more friends tend to look more attractive. In a group, a person’s flaws can fade because they appear more similar to the average group face, which is more attractive then the group members’ individual faces. That’s why even a plain looking girl can be a queen when she’s in the right company. Psychologists call this phenomenon the cheerleader effect. For example, cheerleaders may be different (beautiful or not) when examined individually. But as a team, they all look gorgeous.
8. Personal Hygiene – Body odor can play an important role when dating and trying to begin a long-term relationship. It’s not about perfume or cologne. The way a person smells depends on the genes that are responsible for their immune system. Of course, people don’t smell each other when they first meet, but we subconsciously choose a person who smells healthy.
Now that you know these eight extremely important behavior mistakes which both men and women are guilty of making, you can be sure to avoid them. Whether you’re single and dating or in a long-term happy relationship, person hygiene, confidence, hobbies, and good manners are just a few things that can assure your partner will always be happy and attracted to you!