Holding hands is an essential part of any relationship and can be seen as a sign of closeness and comfort. It’s such a common interaction for humans; we often go for one’s hand without even realizing it. Holding someones hand can tell the world that the couple has a strong bond and is not available to others. However, the exact manner in which people hold hands can convey lots of other information as well. Just how comfortable and in love are these two people? Body language can convey a lot about you, as well as the person whom you’re interacting with. It’s true that some couples are enjoy holding hands while others do not. But whether you hold your partners hand regularly or not, the way you grab their hand may have a hidden meaning behind it. Along with that, if you’re someone who prefers not to hold your partners hand, then there’s probably a hidden meaning behind that too!
For most people, relationships are one of our most fundamental needs. Whether it’s the bond we have with our partner, children, family members, or good friends, the quality of our relationships can often determine the quality of our lives. Not only is hand-holding a very essential and fundamental part of any relationship, it is also reveals quite a lot about what you feel for the person you’re with. Continue reading below to discover the most common hand-holding positions for couples and what they portray about your relationship!
What Holding Hands Says About Your Relationship
1. Down Facing Palm – If you hold hands with your palm facing down, it’s a sign that your relationship is based on affection, not passion. Whoever places the palm downward has a stronger personality between the two. That person is more decisive and often takes initiative.
2. ‘Reinforcement’ From The Other Hand – If you use reinforcement on the other hand, it usually means that things between you two are getting serious. Unfortunately, it is not always a positive sign: it can also mean you’re turning into that crazy possessive type of partner.
3. Interlocked Fingers – Holding hands with your fingers interlocked symbolizes passion. If one hand is more relaxed than the other, it might be a sign that one person isn’t as into the relationship. If both of you hold the other’s hand firmly, it’s the sign of a strong connection.
4. Preferring Not To Hold Hands – If your partner seems to avoid holding your hand, it could be a sign that they’re not that into you. It could also mean they are shy or prefer to keep your relationship private. If you can’t decipher between the two, don’t be afraid to ask.
5. One Finger Hold – Holding hands with one finger means you value your independence. You feel close to your significant other but you both know how to respect each other’s space and privacy. On the other hand, it can also mean your relationship isn’t as strong as it used to be.
6. Holding Fingers And Slightly Pulling The Hands – This may indicate that the couple is not in the same place. Whoever pulls the hand tries to make the partner take decisions faster than he or she is used to. It can also be a sign that one of them is fed up with the routine in the relationship.
7. Linked Arms – This handheld is often used when a couple is attending some social event. However, if they hold hands like this every day it means those who take their partner’s arm seek protection or feel a little bit insecure in their relationship.
There are so many different ways that couples choose to hold their partners hand – try them all and decide what works best for you! Whether it’s a friend, family member, or partner, touch is an important sense that makes people feel more bonded. Hand holding has been used for centuries to establish a physical connection with a significant other. When trying to recognize what your style of holding hands might mean, don’t search for solutions and instead look for ideas. Use the information shared here to understand what your style means by opening a conversation about it instead of imposing meaning. Look for who initiates, who pulls away first, and ask what holding hands mean to your partner. Keep in mind, your style of holding hands might change through your relationship as your level of intimacy changes too.
Be the first to leave a review.