Holding hands can be seen as a sign of closeness and comfort that tells everyone else this couple is bonded and not available to others. But, the exact manner in which someone holds hands can convey lots of other information as well. Just how comfortable and in love are the people holding hands with each other? Body language can convey a lot about you, as well as the person that you’re interacting with. If you’re in a relationship, are you a hand-holder? Some people are, others aren’t. The way you grab your partner’s hand may have a hidden meaning behind it. If you prefer not to hold hands with your partner, there’s probably a hidden meaning behind that too! Here’s what different positions say about the relationship.
1. Down Facing Palm – If you hold hands with your palm facing down, it’s a sign that your relationship is based on affection, not passion. Whoever places the palm downward has a stronger personality between the two. That person is more decisive and often takes initiative.
2. Interlocked Fingers – Holding hands with your fingers interlocked symbolizes passion. If one hand is more relaxed than the other, it might be a sign that one person isn’t as into the relationship. If both of you hold the other’s hand firmly, it’s the sign of a strong connection.
3. One Finger Hold – Holding hands with one finger means you value your independence. You feel close to your significant other but you both know how to respect each other’s space and privacy. On the other hand, it can also mean your relationship isn’t as strong as it used to be.
4. ‘Reinforcement’ From The Other Hand – If you use reinforcement on the other hand, it usually means that things between you two are getting serious. Unfortunately, it is not always a positive sign: it can also mean you’re turning into that crazy possessive type of partner.
5. Linked Arms – This handheld is often used when a couple is attending some social event. However, if they hold hands like this every day it means those who take their partner’s arm seek protection or feel a little bit insecure in their relationship.
6. Holding Fingers And Slightly Pulling The Hands – This may indicate that the couple is not in the same place. Whoever pulls the hand tries to make the partner take decisions faster than he or she is used to. It can also be a sign that one of them is fed up with the routine in the relationship.
7. Preferring Not To Hold Hands – If your partner seems to avoid holding your hand, it could be a sign that they’re not that into you. It could also mean they are shy or prefer to keep your relationship private. If you can’t decipher between the two, don’t be afraid to ask.