Love feels great. Entering a new romantic relationship can feel truly amazing with exciting date nights filled with laughter, long walks, curling up with each other on the couch to enjoy horror movies and those passionate kisses. But what doesn’t feel great is being in a relationship that has no trust. When the love and excitement are replaced with doubt and fear, that’s when things start to turn ugly. This is why trust in a relationship is extremely important.
The fact is we all have baggage and whether we choose to admit it or not, we bring that baggage into our relationships. Whether you’re dealing with childhood trauma or trying to overcome infidelity in your previous relationship, our past always affects our relationships in one way or another. That’s why trust forms the core of any relationship. Trust is crucial for relationship success and satisfaction. However, it is also very fragile. Once it breaks, it can be really hard to rebuild in a relationship.
What Is Trust In A Relationship?
Trust in a relationship means you believe that your partner is reliable and has your best interests in their heart. It means you have complete faith and confidence in them. You feel emotionally and physically safe with them, just as they do with you. It means you expect respect, integrity, loyalty, and honesty in your relationship. You expect your partner to keep promises and secrets, and to support you when your tides get rough. However, trust also means that you understand your partner and forgive them when they break promises and agreements. You cannot have trust in a relationship if one partner is willing while the other is unwilling.
5 Reasons Why Trust Is Important In a Relationship
1. You Cannot Love Someone You Don’t Trust – You build love by trusting someone. You are at your most vulnerable when you are in love. You can only give your love to someone you truly trust. You trust your partner to nurture and protect your love. Love is a delicate and precious emotion and you only give it to someone you trust.
2. You Can Achieve More When You Trust – Knowing for certain that your trust is repaid in any event makes us practically invincible. We can face the hardest challenge. That someone has your back at all times is an incredible confidence boost. It allows us to try new things, be a better person and pass that trust onto others.
3. You Don’t Feel Lonely – On a planet with billions of people, life can feel pretty lonely. Even if you are in a relationship, without trust, you fight your battles on your own. When you have trust in a relationship you become partners in crime. You no longer have to face the daily challenges of life alone.
4. Trusting In Our Relationship Makes Us Generally More Positive – Being able to trust our partners and love them at the deepest levels makes us positive about everyone else. It gives us hope that there are good people out in the world when we have such a positive role model at home. Those who are without someone they can trust are typically disappointed with life. It is only natural that they begin to distrust others.
5. Your Relationship Cannot Grow Without Trust – Trusting another person with out deepest and most intimate thoughts allows us to grow and flourish. If we cannot trust the other person then we constantly censor ourselves. We have to be on guard and watch what we say in front of them, in case we slip up and reveal too much.
Be the first to leave a review.