We hate to hear it, or admit it to ourselves, but sadly there are times when love just isn’t enough to make a relationship last. Sure, love is an essential part of the relationship, but it’s just one piece of the puzzle. There are several other crucial pieces that must fit together to form the bigger picture. We sometimes forget that love takes two – two people making efforts, investing equally, and meeting each other halfway. Failure comes the minute we begin thinking that one person can love deeply enough to be sufficient for two. Listed below are 7 of the most common reasons your relationship won’t work, even if you love each other.
Reasons Your Relationship Won’t Work
1. His/Her Family Doesn’t Accept You – This can be a really difficult pill to swallow because it doesn’t have anything to do with the two of you or your love for each other. Still, it’s going to have a major impact on your relationship. There are some mothers, for example, who think no one is good enough for their sons. If he (or she) is close to their family and they can’t stand up to them when they mistreat you or silence them when they start filling their head with nonsense, it’s only a matter of time before they manage to drive the two of you apart.
2. Your Partner Is Jealous – I believe there should be a healthy dose of jealousy in every relationship. It can be flattering at times. But once that healthy limit is crossed, a relationship can become stressful. If your partner wants to know your every move or accuses you of cheating for no good reason, then it’s safe to say that they are overly jealous and will mentally suffocate you eventually.
3. Your Future Plans Aren’t The Same – He doesn’t see himself getting married. You can’t imagine yourself living in the countryside. One of you doesn’t want to have children and the other can’t imagine a future without them. The issues are real and no matter how strongly you feel for each other, at some point you will both have to face the fact that you will be miserable if you sign up for a life you don’t really want.
4. There Is Lots Of Drama In The Relationship – You pray for a drama-free relationship, but it seems impossible. You and your partner are constantly on each other’s case and you always find new things to argue about. You can’t remember the last time you had a week of peace and harmony. In spite of all the love and undeniable attraction you share, you are simply not compatible. You are unable to see eye to eye and there is probably no chance you ever will.
5. There Is Abuse In The Relationship – It goes without saying that this is an unhealthy relationship and you should get out ASAP if you ever find yourself in something that is abusive in any way. We hear a lot of women say that they love their abuser in spite of all the mental or physical harm they inflict. It’s really hard to break that unhealthy bond they feel, but the sooner the better. True love will never hurt you in any way; everything else is a lie.
6. There Are Trust Issues That Can’t Be Solved – If there is no trust between two people in a relationship then it will be unsustainable. Still, sometimes we try and do out best to restore that trust, to make things work, because we care so much and don’t want to let go. If someone betrayed us or made us doubt them in any way, that seed of doubt will be implanted permanently and you won’t be able to get rid of it. Sooner or later, you will see that there is no other option but to break it off.
7. You Are Unable To Bridge The Physical Distance – Relationships can be tough. Long-distance relationships can be even tougher. It’s extremely difficult to maintain a relationship when you’re not living in the same city, state, or continent. If the two of you are not making plans to live in the same place one day, then you are just denying the inevitable. You can’t be a long distance couple forever, now can you?
Be the first to leave a review.