We enter into relationships for a variety of different reasons. However, the main contributing factor in wanting something serious is companionship. We want someone close to us that we can talk to and share our everyday life with. Someone to celebrate the good times with, and someone to be there with us through the bad. Still, knowing if the time is right to take your relationship to the next level can be tricky. Missing the right timing for taking things to the next level can have negative consequences for your relationship. Moving too fast could scare your partner into thinking you are getting too serious too quickly, while moving too slow can make them think you’re not taking the relationship seriously. Making a special connection with someone whom you feel could make a good romantic partner feels amazing. The initial spark of attraction can be very strong and your hormones might be telling you it’s time to take your love to the next stage. But, that’s a big decision and it could potentially impact the rest of your relationship. So, how do you know if it’s the right time?
There are many firsts in a relationship and when you’re thinking of taking things to the next level, it could mean the two of you are already doing something for the first time together, such as: moving in together, meeting family members, talking about serious topics like having children, or discussing an engagement. Whatever the case might be, you don’t have to agonize over making the decision about whether or not to take your relationship to the next level. Instead, you just need to make sure that both of you are on the same page in your relationship. When you and your partner think you might be ready, look for the following signs to be present.
Signs Your Relationship Has Moved To The Next Level
1. You Have Endless Topics To Chat About – Finding someone that you can spend lots of time with means communication will be important. You’ll spend so much time with this person that you should begin to get an inside look at their mind and psychology. In doing so, you should be able to get an idea of how compatible the two of you really are. If you’re with someone that you can have long and deep conversations with, even after 10+ years of knowing them, that’s a positive sign. Signs like that mean you’ll always have something to talk about with your boyfriend, girlfriend, husband or wife!
2. You Have Countless Inside Jokes – Being in a committed relationship with someone means you should be able to see them as a best friend. When you spend day-after-day with someone, you should be able to share little details that end in inside jokes. This type of behavior shows that you have a strong bond with each other and also share a similar sense of humor. Making each other laugh and enjoying each others company is the key to happiness and everyone can relate to that, especially when they sit and think about their best friend. According to research done by one University, couples who consider their partner a best friend had higher levels of happiness and satisfaction when compared to those who didn’t.
3. You Hate Spending Nights Apart – Spending the night with your significant other is one of the most amazing feelings! You get to cuddle and watch movies together, and it oftentimes feels like one of those sleepovers you used to enjoy when you were a child. Still, different situations often arise with work or family which can force couples to spend evenings apart. If you feel miserable when spending the night without your partner, this means your relationship has reached a point where you’re both used to being with each other and absence makes your feel incomplete. Research has found that couples who are used to spending most of their time together and who have established a routine every day can suffer from separation anxiety when they have to spend time apart. They can even experience mild depression and insomnia. Thankfully, simple tricks like smelling a loved ones shirt can actually help you sleep better at night when separated.
4. You Both Use The Word WE – When in a relationship people often try to find time that they can also spend with friends and family. However, since most people tend to spend most of their time with their significant other, your activities will become both of your activities. That’s where the whole WE word starts becoming a common word in your vocabulary. Using the word WE in these types of situations means that those activities which you used to do alone are now couple activities that both of you enjoy!
5. You Mention Them In Random Conversations – In the dating stage of new relationships it isn’t uncommon to mention your partner often because you’re in the honeymoon phase where you can’t stop loving and thinking about them. However, when you catch yourself mentioning them in conversations which have nothing to do with them in particular, it means you’re already starting to see them as part of your identity. You associate with them in such a way that when conversations arise and have the slightest association with them, you mention them because they’ve become such a huge part of your life. This is when you’re actually subconsciously realizing they are potentially someone you could spend the right of your life with.
Should you and your partner exhibit one or more of the signs above, it’s a surefire indication that you’re both ready to elevate your relationship to another level of commitment. Dating is fun, especially in the early stages. In the beginning, it’s all about doing exciting things together, trying out new adventures, and grabbing every opportunity to enjoy each other’s company. But when you slowly transition to a long-term, committed relationship, it’s more about feeling comfortable and secure. Use the signs above as a way to tell when your relationship is going to the next level!