We enter into relationships for a variety of different reasons. However, the main contributing factor in wanting something serious is companionship. We want someone close to us that we can talk to and share our everyday life with. Someone to celebrate the good times with, and someone to be there with us through the bad. Still, it’s hard to know exactly how things are going to progress when a couple has only been dating for a short period of time. But, what if there was a way to know how long a relationship will last right from the get-go? Thankfully, there kind of is. Below are some definite signs you should look for to identify whether or not your relationship is headed down the right path.
1. You have endless topics to chat about – Being able to find someone to spend lots of time with means communication will be important. You’ll spend so much time with this person that you should begin to get an inside look at their mind and psychology. In doing so, you should be able to get an idea of how compatible the two of you really are. If you’re with someone that you can have long and deep conversations with, even after 10+ years of knowing them, that’s a positive sign. Signs like that mean you’ll always have something to talk about with your boyfriend or girlfriend!
2. You have countless inside jokes – Being in a committed relationship with someone means you should be able to see them as a best friend. When you spend day-after-day with someone, you should be able to share little details that end in inside jokes. This type of behavior shows that you have a strong bond with each other and also share a similar sense of humor. Making each other laugh and enjoying each others company is the key to happiness and everyone can relate to that, especially when they sit and think about their best friend. According to research done by one University, couples who consider their partner a best friend had higher levels of happiness and satisfaction when compared to those who didn’t.
3. You hate spending nights apart – Spending the night with your significant other is one of the most amazing feelings! You get to cuddle and watch movies together, and it oftentimes feels like one of those sleepovers you used to enjoy when you were a child. Still, different situations often arise with work or family which can force couples to spend evenings apart. If you feel miserable when spending the night without your partner, this means your relationship has reached a point where you’re both used to being with each other and absence makes your feel incomplete. Research has found that couples who are used to spending most of their time together and who have established a routine every day can suffer from separation anxiety when they have to spend time apart. They can even experience mild depression and insomnia.
4. You both use the word WE – When in a relationship people often try to find time that they can also spend with friends and family. However, since most people tend to spend most of their time with their significant other, your activities will become both of your activities. That’s where the whole WE word starts becoming a common word in your vocabulary. Using the word WE in these types of situations means that those activities which you used to do alone are now couple activities that both of you enjoy!
5. You mention them in random conversations – In the dating stage of new relationships it isn’t uncommon to mention your partner often because you’re in the honeymoon phase where you can’t stop loving and thinking about them. However, when you catch yourself mentioning them in conversations which have nothing to do with them in particular, it means you’re already starting to see them as part of your identity. You associate with them in such a way that when conversations arise and have the slightest association with them, you mention them because they’ve become such a huge part of your life. This is when you’re actually subconsciously realizing they are potentially someone you could spend the right of your life with.