When it comes to love and relationships, few things are ever guaranteed. That’s partly because no two people are a perfect match by nature. As time goes on in your relationship and you develop a partnership with someone special, there still isn’t an exact science to understanding your future. Amongst the signs that a marriage is going to last is a strong sense of trust, respect, support, and appreciation for each other that doesn’t waiver, despite bumps along the road. Even the best relationship can have difficult times. Communication is the key to keeping a relationship healthy. Talking about more than the daily tasks. Talking about larger topics like respect, honor, love, dreams, fears, concerns. Below are 8 signs that you and your partner are meant to be together!
Signs You And Your Partner Are Meant For Each Other
1. You Don’t Want To Change Them – You respect your partner as an individual, and you don’t want to try and change them. Sure, they may talk while sleeping or dress in a way you don’t exactly like, but you love them, and you are willing to deal with it. If you want to change your partner’s personality or appearance, it could mean the two of you aren’t compatible with one another.
2. You Don’t Question The Love In Your Relationship – You know that you love your partner, and you know they love you – and there is no doubt in your mind about either of these things. You are secure and happy in your relationship, and even if you are a worrier by nature, you never question how your partner feels about you.
3. You Enjoy Spending Time Apart – When you start a new relationship, it can be hard to step away and spend some time alone. If you are your partner hope to be in a long-term relationship, though, it is essential that you also enjoy spending time away from your partner. During such time you can see friends and family, or pursue interests of your own. If you love yoga and your partner doesn’t, try to take a class in your spare time!
4. You Make The Effort – It doesn’t matter if you and your partner have been together for 9 months or 9 years, it’s always important to make an effort, from cooking classes to a kiss at the end of the day. After a long time of being with your partner it can feel like these things are no longer necessary, but this could leave your partner unhappy. Compatible couples will often go the extra mile because it shows their partners that they care, and can help to make them feel appreciated. Couple that are meant for each other don’t just use words to show their love, they include actions.
5. You Argue With Each Other – This is something you should do and not be afraid to admit! If you tell your partner or significant other that you disagree with them, they should listen to you and take you seriously. If they still don’t agree with you, that’s absolutely fine – because it’s just a disagreement. Disagreements are okay in relationships because that’s all they are and it shouldn’t change the way you feel about each other. The occasional argument or disagreement is perfectly normal in relationships and it’s a perfectly okay for couples to have different views on certain issues.
6. You Want To Work Out Serious Problems – Big issues are common in long term relationships and they can involve things like money, religion, or where you both live. Most issues like these can be solved if the partners are compatible and willing to compromise. It is important to work together until you reach a decision you’re both happy with – and for both people to be happy, it is likely that both will need to compromise.
7. You Share Common Interests – While it is important to have your own hobbies and interests, compatible couples make the effort to spend time together doing things they can both enjoy together. Having common ground with a partner helps in long term relationships – from supporting the same team, to cooking together, to sharing a love for the same TV show.
8. You Can Both Imagine A Future Together – While you don’t need to be picking out wedding invites after being together for just a few months, it is always useful to be on the same page as your partner. Having different interests isn’t a problem; Your partner could love traveling while you might aspire to get married and have children, and you can do both. But if your partner doesn’t want to talk about a future together, it might be that you have different expectations from the relationship.
Be the first to leave a review.