People tend to fall into the same old routines after they’ve been in a relationship for a while. You may do things together, but it just isn’t the same as making time to really do things with your girlfriend. Whether you’re married or just dating, it never hurts to change things up a bit in order to try and bring a little spark back into the relationship. It doesn’t always have to be something extravagant or expensive, just a small gesture here and there to show that special someone just how much they really mean to you. Not only will some of the tips below impress your wife or girlfriend, they will also show her that you really care and want to communicate with her.
Sweet Things To Do For Your Girlfriend
1. Take Her On An Unexpected Venture – Maybe you can’t afford to whisk her away to a private island for the week. But, going on a local adventure can be much more affordable and still just as much fun. Visit a local beach, park, or nature area and then follow it up with dinner.
2. Buy Tickets To A Show Or Musical – She’ll absolutely love how thoughtful you were to take her out for the afternoon or evening. It’ll also show her that you know the kinds of things (music, movies…etc) she likes. It gives her a chance to get dressed up and look nice for you, plus on top of that you now have something to do and enjoy yourself.
3. Write Her A Love Letter – Who cares if your handwriting is bad – Write it out and don’t type it! This doesn’t only show her that it really came from the heart, it’s also much more romantic. Tell her all the different things you love about her. Remember, she’s likely to have forgotten how much you appreciate her unless you make a point of saying it.
4. Bake Her A Cake – Even if it isn’t her birthday! Combine this with #3 and top the cake off with a short handwritten love letter. You can even go one step further and write something like I Love You with icing. Even if it doesn’t come out perfectly, you can tell her what it says and you’ll melt her heart by putting in that much time and creativity.
5. Compliment Some Part Of Her Appearance – You know that she’s beautiful and you probably often assume that she thinks so as well. Still, she needs to hear it from you – and regularly. Women can be very self-conscious about their looks. More often than not, they will feel that there is something wrong with them. If there’s something you really like about her – always be sure to tell her. Does she have nice legs? Pretty eyes? Does her hair look beautiful? Females love being reassured that they don’t look hideous. Romance her by reminding her!
6. Send Flowers To Her Work – Women love the looks of envy they get from other women around the office. Their husbands and boyfriends aren’t thoughtful enough to go through everything needed to get flowers delivered on the job. If you do this for her it’ll set you apart from all the other men inside the office. She’ll know how much you care every time someone passes by and compliments her about them.
7. Run Your Fingers Through Her Hair – You don’t need to go crazy like she’s at the hair salon. Just caress it. Do it in a way that makes her feel like you’re admiring its smooth, silky texture. Smell it like you love the scent of it. You can also gently touch her arms, face and neck area.
8. Accompany Her When Doing Something She Doesn’t Like – If you know that your girlfriend absolutely hates the dentist, then go with her. Maybe she needs to take care of some things at her sister or grandparents house – go with her. The shows that you care for her deeply and want to be there in order to help her through all of life’s mundane little tasks.
9. Make A Romantic Dinner At Home – Know what her favorite meal is? Surprise her on the weekend and make it for her with a plan to watch one of her favorite movies afterwards. Not sure how to make her favorite dish? There are free recipes available all across the internet. This might take a little time and preparation. But, it will once again remind her that you were paying attention when she mentioned how much she loved it before. Don’t forget you’ll also be cleaning up afterwards!
10. Make Her A Mix Of Love Songs – We’re well past the days of tape decks, but you can always make her a nice mix of love songs for whatever she uses to jam out. Whether it be a love mix CD, putting songs on her iPod, her Spotify account – whatever. Girls love romantic songs and by doing this she’ll think of you every time she’s listening to them.
11. Give Her A Massage – Most guys underestimate just how relaxing massages are to women. Just the touch of you placing your palms on her shoulders and her face will light up her face with a smile. You don’t need to be a professional, either. Take your time and communicate with her to see where she hurts the most. It’ll relax her and can be the ideal treat before bed.
One important aspect in every relationship is to keep your wife or girlfriend happy. Sometimes all it takes are a few small things here and there to remind her how much you love and appreciate her. Each of the eleven tips above can accomplish just that for very little (if any) money. Keep these in mind and try doing a few of them for her each week. It’ll remind her that you care about the relationship and really do love her!