Romantic love can feel pretty fantastic. There’s a reason why love has been featured as a central topic in so many different stories and movies throughout centuries of human history. Still, love isn’t always wonderful. In real life, it’s often unpredictable, frustrating and even painful. While it can definitely offer plenty of rewards, these benefits don’t generally come without some dedicated effort and willingness to accept some challenges as part of the process. True love invites honesty and authenticity. You can’t truly love someone without really knowing their core essence: what makes them tick, their hopes and dreams for the future, the longings of their soul, the passion in their heart, and the values that make them who they truly are. True love entails being comfortable and completely yourself with another person – and being accepted for who you are without judgment. It’s also important to remember that love is a two-way street. Not only do you need to feel loved and accepted completely for who you are, but in order to foster true love in your relationship, you need to provide that same love without judgment to your partner. If your relationship doesn’t get past the point of infatuation, your feelings are real, but they might not be the same as true love. In any new relationship, pay attention to the following signs to determine whether or not you’ve found your true love.
Signs Of True Love In A Relationship
1. You Keep Promises – When you make a promise to your partner, you stick to your word. That means even if you’re certain this person would never find out if you were to brake that promise. When you experience true love, your moral conscience becomes very strong when it comes to that one special person and breaking a promise is something you won’t be doing very often.
2. You Share Their Burden – This is something you should want to do with your partner even if you don’t really have to. You can’t bear to see the love of your life suffering when you’re truly in love. If they’re dealing with some issue (big or small), you’re always willing to offer them a helping hand even when you have your own difficulties to look into.
3. You Consider Their Perspective – With everything you do, you keep your lover in mind and always try to think from their perspective. Whether it’s about planning a surprise party or hanging out with your own friends for a little while after work. You don’t ever want to hurt your partner, so you always think from their point of view before making a decision that involves them.
4. Pride And Jealousy – You should beam with pride when your partner achieves something, even if it’s the exact same thing you failed at. It’s not uncommon for us to get a little jealous when a friend outdid us at something, but when you truly love someone, jealousy never enters the picture!
5. You See Them In Your Future – Everything you think about in the future, from a camping trip you have planned in six months to living abroad in 20 years, has your partner in it. One of the signs of true love is simply seeing a future together and talking about it. You’re not just fantasizing about walking down the aisle to marry this person, you can picture the small stuff too. You can see taking ski vacations at Mammoth. Them cheering your son on during a soccer game. Selling your house when the kids leave and moving into a small condo by the beach.
Remember, true love between a couple should come naturally. There are certain signs that you are forcing yourself to love someone and trust me, you will never feel that way when it’s true love. I sincerely hope that every couple out there can be fortunate enough to discover what true love really feels like with their partner. Cherish the love you receive and always reciprocate so that special someone in your life can feel the same way. If you haven’t found true love yet, don’t give up hope. It’s out there and will likely find you whenever you least expect it!