Relationships can be difficult enough when you get involved with someone who only has eyes for you. Love just isn’t easy – it takes constant work, dedication, understanding, intelligence, compassion, and courage to make it work. When you get involved with a married man, that is only going to make things one hundred times more complicated. Although some women find the strength to break away from the relationship, others will choose to believe that their man will eventually leave his wife and marry her instead. If you find yourself gravitating toward a married man, DON’T. Listed below are ten important reasons why you should think twice before moving in such a toxic direction!
Reasons Why You Should Never Date a Married Man
1. He’s Never Going To Be ‘Truly’ Yours – This doesn’t imply that you are “property” or that you actually “belong” to someone. We’re all independent and entitled to an identity that is solely defined by our relationship. But, the fact is that this man will never be able to truly dedicate himself to you. No matter how happy you make him, the fact remains that he’s married. He’s got someone else to think about.
2. People Are Going To Judge You – Whether you want to believe it or not, people talk behind your back. No matter what the situation is, people are always talking. If you’re known to be running around with a married man then the gossip around town about you probably won’t be the best. They may not know all of your situation, but they will know enough to call you a home wrecker.
3. You Can Never Ensure Whether He’s Telling You The Right Story – Have you ever obsessed or gone crazy over where a guy might be? Prepare yourself to feel that way on a constant basis if you plan on starting to date a married guy. Every story has two sides and the fact that your relationship is likely being kept secret it means you will never know any other side of the story aside from the one he’s telling you.
4. You Will Always Remain A ‘Secret’ – It’s hard to talk with friends about a man you’re dating who’s also married. Plus, you can’t be seen with him many places in public. You can’t even take pictures together with fear of being caught! Don’t even begin to think about meeting his family and friends. He isn’t going to let anyone know about you simple because they all know he’s married.
5. You Both Might Be In Love With Each Other, But You’re The Only One Alone – Maybe you think this married man really loves you. Maybe you think he’s the one guy who makes you feel things you never knew were possible. Still, when everything is said and done he’s going to go back home to his wife and leave you in an empty bed wishing he were there.
6. There Will Never Come A Time When You Get To Wake Up Next To Him Every Day – This is where you need to really start thinking about the end goal of your relationship. Do you think you can accept only seeing him for short periods of time which are most likely during the day? Or, would you rather have a lasting relationship that gives you the ability to sleep next to the man of your dreams each and every night of the week?
7. You Will Constantly Have To Make Excuses For Him – Prepare yourself to start making up excuses like “he doesn’t actually love her” or “she never made him happy.” This is the kind of stuff you’re going to be telling friends when they question and judge exactly why you’re spending time with a man who’s already taken.
8. He Will Constantly Have To Make Excuses For Himself – Don’t be surprised if you hear lines like “I never felt happy with her” or “I don’t really love her.” He still has a ring on his finger and he still goes home to that woman each night. You’ll hear these excuses often if you start messing around with a married man.
9. He Just Isn’t Faithful – If he can cheat on his current wife then what makes you think he can’t cheat on you? How are you any different from the other women that are currently in his life? If a man has made vows to someone and then breaks them it’s a clear sign that he will probably always be a cheater.
10. You Deserve Better – Every girl deserves someone who wouldn’t think twice about telling the entire world how much they love her. You deserve someone who hopes to spend all of his days and nights with you. Not to mention, you deserve someone who knows how to be loyal to his girlfriend.
Common Questions and Answers
There are no positive reasons for dating a married man. If you still seem to find yourself on the brink of temptation, here are some common questions and answers we’ve put together over this topic. Read these over and think twice before you leap!
Is it OK to get involved with a married man?
Getting involved with a married man is considered ethically wrong and could hamper your life in more than one way. When you get involved with these type of men, no matter how much they claim you are their one true love, at the end of the day, his wife and children will always be his first priority.
What are the dangers of dating a married man?
You probably already know that dating a married man rarely leads anywhere good. The dangers of dating a married man are far too many, especially if you’re single. While the relationship may start on a high note and feel exciting, the disadvantages of dating someone who is married will soon become apparent. First, it will never be like a typical relationship. He won’t be with you through thick and thin because his family will always get in the way of your connection. Other dangers include having friends call you a home wrecker and having to deal with lying on a regular basis.
How do I stop being involved with a married man?
Walking away from this type of relationship can be challenging, but you can successfully cut ties by remembering your worth and getting support from someone who loves you. Once you’re ready, have the talk with your married lover and let him know that you can’t be with him anymore. Then, shake up your routine to stay away from him for good. If needed, take a trip somewhere to help break your routine or consider setting some new goals to help yourself move on.
What are the disadvantages of dating a married man?
There are so many disadvantages to dating a married man, it would be hard to list them all here. First, when dating a married man there will be no respect in the relationship. To go along with that, married men are not reliable. Another disadvantage to dating a married man is that there will be no loyalty in the relationship. You will always give more, but receive less. One final disadvantage is that these types of relationships just aren’t healthy. It will never be a normal relationship and you will never feel completely satisfied.
There are so many reasons not to get involved with a married man and nothing can really be said in favor of it. You will never be his priority, and a man who can treat his wife like that is really not worth having. Value yourself highly enough not to put up with a man who is already in a relationship. Don’t be someone who learns the hard way that married men only bring trouble!