You’ve probably heard it before, but I’ll go ahead and stress it again. Men can often miss a females very subtle signals about a variety of different things including upcoming birthdays/anniversaries, chores, and yes, even that you’ve been ready to tie the knot for a while now. The truth is, honest communication is always the key behind any relationship. If you’re ready to get engaged an honest chat between you and your partner never hurts. For those who are unsure if he feels the same way, it might be the kind of topic you’re better off bringing up casually. There’s no magic word to make your boyfriend want to propose. But, aside from just coming right out and saying “Are you ready to get engaged yet?” here are seven little tricks you can use to let him know you’re ready!
How To Get A Guy To Propose To You
1. Use Your Friends Engagements – Rather than letting your friends’ engagement announcements put you into depression, use them to your advantage. There is no easier way to bring up the subject of a wedding to your boyfriend than to announce your friends’ engagements. It will allow you to bring up the subject without being too direct.
2. Describe Your Own Dream Wedding – This can be more difficult for some couples than others. If you and your boyfriend dream about your future aloud often, it may be fairly easy to bring up the subject of your dream wedding. If not, you need an excuse. Fortunately, if both you and your boyfriend are attending a wedding, you now have the perfect excuse!
3. Always Bring Him As Your Wedding Date – Those in their late twenties and early thirties might find themselves attending several weddings for both your friends and those of your boyfriend. Nothing puts people in the spirit of marriage better than attending a wedding. Wedding days hold all the beautiful possibilities that go with spending a long and happy life together. If you two attend several weddings use them to plant the seed of a wedding.
4. Describe Your Dream Proposal – A friends wedding isn’t just the ideal time to talk about your dream wedding; It’s also a great time to bring up your dream proposal. But, even if you aren’t attending a wedding, there are still plenty of other great opportunities to bring up a dream wedding proposal. Ever been to a stadium where a man proposes to his girlfriend on the big screen? How many times have you seen a creative or funny wedding proposal in the newspaper, or a local segment on television? People love good news and romantic proposals definitely fit into that category. When the two of you see one you can use that as an opportunity to describe your dream proposal.
5. Visit Notorious Wedding Venues – I’m not talking about chapels here. Many towns have really cool places you can visit which are also often used as wedding venues. Wineries, farms, museums, and parks are just a few places people like to hold their wedding. It wouldn’t be out of the norm to visit one of these places for an afternoon outing and who knows, maybe a wedding will be taking place while the two of you are there.
6. Watch Wedding Themed Movies – Sometimes the most enjoyable nights involve take-out and Netflix. If you and your partner each like to take turns choosing which movies to watch, you can always go with a romantic wedding-themed film. Sure, this probably means a few hours of boring action or video game films, but it’ll be worth it when your turn comes around!
7. Enter Honeymoon Contests – If some of your more subtle clues have failed then this one should certainly get his attention. Short of walking up to the jewelry counter and pointing out the ring to him, entering honeymoon contests is one of the most obvious hints you can give a man. He knows a honeymoon means that a wedding has taken place, but the notion of relaxing on a beach with you after that might be enough to get him down on one knee.
Each of the seven tricks above can let you man know it’s getting to be that time. Remember that good communication is key for any relationship to be successful and while you can give a man all the hints in the world, most won’t get actually do it until they are completely ready.
Be the first to leave a review.